TEK Focus 2020
Wow 2020 already; not only a new year but a new decade! TEK has great plans for this year and are excited to get started we think it will be our best year yet so we thought why not spread our plans with you all.
To keep our brand strong our main focus this year is around our core values, our values are at the heart of TEK and the more we invest into keeping these at the forefront of what we do, the more we ensure sustainability of us and our brand!
Heres a sneak peak of just a few things were focusing on in the year ahead.
We can only stay ahead with our PIONEERING attitude if we focus on research & development; investment into this is how we become EXPERT in our field. The main focus of this year being into our residential range and how we can improve on what we have, the highlight in particular being on:
- Developing new acoustic materials – We are actively sourcing and gathering test data on new acoustic materials to include in our attenuators. We will be looking at the safety aspects of these and how we can achieve greater acoustic properties whilst keeping the unit costs effective. All units will be independently tested and verified with data added to our already impressive library of results.
- We will be concentrating on CD testing with the aim to improve the aerodynamic performance of our residential and natural vent units.
- Website – our website is not even a year old yet and we have seen such a positive response that we intend to invest time and effort into making it the best it can be, not only informative but visually appealing and stimulating for the end user.
- Employees- we thrive on employee development, we have such a strong workforce and we want to keep them motivated and engaged, this year we are focusing on expanding our teams’ technical knowledge to ensure they are equipped to provide the best service to our customers. We also have plans to expand the team, with the focus on our CAD and estimating departments in particular, so please keep an eye out for any vacancies coming up in the future if you would be interested in joining our fabulous team.
By taking these steps we can stay FLEXIBLE in our designs allowing us to offer the bespoke service we pride ourselves on.
The ATTENTIVE approach we take with our employees and customers is also reflected within our Corporate Social Responsibility, the emphasis for this year is in three ways:
- Sustainability– we all need to endeavour to reduce our carbon footprint, here at TEK we only use recycled pallets when delivering our goods and recycle all of our waste materials, and by planning our deliveries more efficiently we can avoid wasted journeys and half loads. We are in the process of sourcing and using only recycled aluminium extrusion meaning further reduction of harmful emissions on our planet and further supporting our philosophy of producing ventilation products that safeguard our environment.
- Philanthropy – As a company and individuals we love to fundraise and will be spending time this year concentrating on raising as much as we can for good causes.
- Ethical labour practices- We always treat our employees fairly and ethically and will continue to do so throughout this year, the fact that the majority of our workforce have been with us for over 10 years is testament to that. We will focus more on the mental health of our employees and invest in mental health awareness training so they are prepared for any tribulations they may face, and have someone readily available if they need some extra help, which we all do from time to time.
We cant wait to see what else this year brings and invite you all to be part of our journey. We’d love to hear your feedback on how you think its going or what we may be able to improve on.
Please look for more updates here and on our Linkedin page. https://www.linkedin.com/company/tek-ltd